Trekking to Everest Base Camp at the peak time, October, is regarded as the perfect month to witness the incredible beauty of Everest Region. The wilderness and dazzling features of the Khumbu Himalayas can be observed during the trekking to EBC in October. As, October is the month that express with the rewarding and heart touching aspects of Everest Region, this will be the remarkable journey of the lifetime. Throughout the year, EBC trek in October gets much more reveled by the numbers of adventure lovers.
Everest Base Camp Trek is the ultimate destination of the most of people around the globe. Experience the opulent features of the Himalayan region participating in one of the popular journey in the world – Everest Base Camp.
Why Everest Base Camp in October?
Everest Base Camp Trek holds lots of attractive places that offers with the mesmerizing picturesque views of the Khumbu region and unique culture and tradition of Sherpa communities.
The temperature and climate condition of Everest Region gets better at the month of October and this let you to experience and witness the real treasure of the Himalayan Region. There are lots of stunning places that lies within Everest Region. Getting to the places like firstly to Lukla from where the trek starts and also a junction where numbers of trekkers from different routes can be seen. This is the place where Tenzing Hillary Airport is located. Similarly, Namche Bazaar, an arc shaped hill top market – Sherpa Market that contains trekking equipment, Sherpa and Tibetians culture and tradition with tasty foods, organic coffee bar and accommodation with the panoramic views of great snow capped mountains. This is also the acclimatization spot for trekkers heading to the base of Mt. Everest. Entering to such places provides you with the great opportunities to encounter with the fabulous panoramic views of the great majestic mountains. The other places bestowing with their perfection are Tengboche Monastery, a place where one can do yoga and meditation with observing the great massifs and traditional lifestyle of Sherpa community, Dingboche, regard as a last settlement area of the Everest Region, Gorakshep the another amazing place on the way to base camp where one can get the pleasurable moments watching the Khumbu icefall and Kalapatthar (5,550 meters) – the world’s best mountains viewpoint is an marvelous place to get the perfect and heart touching wide range views of mountains in Khumbu region including Mt. Everest with an adorable view of sunrise.
During Everest Base Camp Trek in October, the major attraction really makes the trip memorable. The panoramic views of the mountains like the great Himalaya – Mt. Everest, Mt. Nuptse, Mt. Lothse, Pumori, Amadablam and other major mountains can be seen during Everest Base Camp Trek. The trekking route will also be passing through Sagarmatha National Park – a UNESCO Wold Heritage Site, from where one can see the varied species of flora and fauna with including the rare species like Yak, Red Panda, Snow Leopard, Blood Pleasant, Barking Deer, Juniper, Brich, etc. with total 62 species of plant, 30 species of butterfly and 194 species of birds. Your tip to Everest Base Camp at the month of October let you to observe the wild and fabulous features and this will also be an worthy journey for your lifetime.
Duration of Trekking to EBC in October
The awaiting journey to one of the most popular destination of the world – Everest Base Camp at the perfect month throughout the year bestow with the opulent features of the Himalayas. Everest Base Camp Trek in October follows the interesting day to day itinerary that last for 15 days. The complete package of excitement and thrilling moments within Everest Region guides you to make the unforgettable times in the lap of Himalayas.
Highlights of EBC Trek in October
- Joining and Budget trip to Everest Base Camp.
- UNESCO World Heritage Site tour in Kathmandu –Swyambhunath, Boudhanath, Pashupatinath and Kathmandu Durbar Square.
- Supported tourist category Guest house and Home stays with Sherpa’s culture and tradition during trekking in Khumbu Himalayas.
- The package includes the cost of a guide, porter, domestic flight and required permits.
- Magnificent view of Himalayas from Everest View Hotel.
- Yoga and meditation in Tengboche Monastery.
- Trekking routes pass through rivers, forests, old Sherpa’s villages and glaciers.
- Magnificent view of Himalayas from Everest Base Camp (5,360m/17586ft) and Kalapatthar (5,550m/18209ft).
- Getting the views of endangered species of birds, animals and plants.
- Exploration of Sherpa’s communities in Khumbu region.
Weather Condition in October for Everest Base Camp Trek
Everest Region holds with the alluring and favorable climate that guides you to make the remarkable moments for the lifetime. With different trekking time that are displayed for the favorable moments to trek towards Everest Base Camp, October is the month that is regarded as the wonderful time to explore Everest Region. During the day time the temperature of Everest Region strikes from 12 to 16 degree centigrade (55 to 600 F). Similarly, at night time it reaches from -5 to 2 degree centigrade. This is the favorable weather condition of Everest Region that allows you to witness the real treasurer of Khumbu Himalayan Region.
Guidelines for October Trek to Everest Base Camp
The remarkable journey to Everest Base Camp is supported and guided nicely by the crew members of Massif Holidays. Along with this, due to the high elevation trip, there are other important information that you need to know before stepping forward to EBC in October. Essential Information of trekking in Nepal is the important information that you should know and follow. In every trip to Everest Base Camp, at least one, or more on request, experienced member will be joining the trip with you for a proper guidelines. As the health and safety come first, so Massif Holidays look after your safety with proper guidelines for October Trek to Everest Base Camp and other related trip in Nepal.
Food and Accommodation during EBC in October
The traditional way of living of the local people – Sherpa community provide the similar way of accommodation services. It will be eexciting to experience the traditional way of living of the people at the Himalayan Region. Along with the facilitated accommodation service during Everest Base Camp Trek in October, food and drinks at the Himalayan Region is also equally important. Taking the vegetarian foods are recommended at the Himalayan Region. There are different menu whereas per your interest, you can order for the required food and drinks. The cost of the extra foods and drinks are not included in the cost. You can find the organic and tasty foods during your trip to EBC in October.
Challenges and Difficulties for October Trekking to EBC
As, Everest Base Camp Trek is one of the popular and challenging trek around the world. The weather condition of Himalayan region is unpredictable, so there may arises some unforeseen circumstances during your trip. With the proper guidelines, the representative of Massif Holidays helps to make your trek wonderful, getting escape from such unknowing circumstances. Along with this, searching for the accommodation is quite difficult because of its popularity the numbers of teahouse or guest house gets occupied. So for this prior booking and communication will be done in advance by Massif Holidays. Stepping forward to high altitude is also the challenging things that one need to be aware of the action.
Services Included in Everest Base Camp in October
The services that are included within the package of Everest Base Camp Trek in October are listed below. The optional services can be added upon your request which let you charge extra amount.
- Airport/ Hotel pick up & drop by private tourist vehicle.
- Three nights’ (twin sharing basis accommodation) at tourist category hotels in Kathmandu including Breakfast.
- Basic tea house accommodation during Everest Base Camp Trek.
- Guided valley tour in Kathmandu by private tourist vehicle. (well experienced license holder Tour Guide)
- Professional license holder English speaking Trekking Guide (if required with other nation’s dialect for Everest Base Camp Trek).
- The required number of local staff and porters to carry your luggage during the trek (one porter for every two guests).
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all staff.
- All meals including breakfast, lunch and dinner during the trek.
- Everest National Park permits and TIMS permit for trekking.
- Duffle bag and hiking T-shirt by Massif Holidays. (after trekking, Token of Love by the team of Massif Holidays)
- Airfare from Kathmandu – Lukla - Kathmandu including fare of private transport (in Kathmandu).
- Farewell dinner in traditional Nepali restaurant before the day of departure.
- Including all government taxes, vat & service charges
Day to Day Itinerary of EBC Trek in October
The itinerary of Everest base Camp in the best time of the year, October, includes the captivating places of Everest Region. Itinerary of EBC Trek takes you to the most charming spots of Khumbu Region. The mentioned itinerary is prepared by the expert team of Massif Holidays, and under your request and interest, the trek can be customized.
- Day 01: Arrival at Tribhuwan International airport (1,345m/4413ft). Overnight stay at Hotel.
- Day 02: Pre-trip Meeting and Sightseeing around Kathmandu valley. Overnight stay at Hotel. (Proper preparation for trekking)
- Day 03: Early in the morning, fly to Tenzing Hillary Airport in Lukla (2,840m/9318ft) and trek to Phakding (2,610m/8563ft). About 3 hours. Overnight stay at Guest house.
- Day 04: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3,440m/11287ft). About 5 - 6 hours. Overnight stay at Guest house.
- Day 05: Acclimatization day in Namche Bazaar. (Hike to Everest Mountain View Hotel) Overnight stay at Guest house.
- Day 06: Trek to Tengboche Monastery (3,860m/12665ft). About 5 hours. (Yoga and Meditation) Overnight at Guest house.
- Day 07: Trek to Dingboche (4,410m/14469ft). About 6 hours. Overnight stay at Guest house.
- Day 08: Day trip to Chhukung valley (4,730m/ 15519ft), explore the Sherpa’s communities and trek back to Dingboche. About 4 hours. Overnight stay at Guest house.
- Day 09: Trek to Lobuche (4,910m/ 16109ft) About 5 hours. Overnight stay at Guest house.
- Day 10: Trek to Everest Base Camp (5,360m/ 17586ft) via Gorakshep (5,140m/ 16864ft). About 8 hours. Overnight stay at Guest house at Gorakhshep.
- Day 11: Early morning hike up to Kalapatthar (5,550m/ 18209ft) then trek down to Pheriche (4,280m/ 14042ft). About 7 hours. Overnight stay at Guest house.
- Day 12: Trek to Namche (3440 meters) About 6 hours. Overnight stay at Guest house.
- Day 13: Trek to Lukla (2840 meters) About 6 hours. Overnight stay at Guest house.
- Day 14: Fly back to Kathmandu from Lukla. Overnight stay at hotel. (Farewell dinner with Nepalese culture and tradition)
- Day 15: Transfer to TRIBHUWAN International Airport for your onward destination.
Massif Holidays welcomes you to observe the pristine beauty of the nature of the Himalayan region. Experience the challenging and awe – inspiring journey that will be an unforgettable travel for the lifetime. Feel free to get in touch with the well experienced and expert team of Massif Holidays. Along with EBC Trek in October, there are various tour and trek packages within three different destination, Nepal, Bhutan, and Tibet.